
After 38 years of life, 17 years of marriage (Happy Anniversary to us on August 8), 14 years of graduate student status at USU, and 5 years of employment at USU's Brigham City Regional Campus, Kevin has succumbed to a midlife crisis.
It started last fall when Kevin attended a sustainability conference, was introduced to electric bikes and decided to start a side business selling them. Then out of the blue at the end of June, he received a notice of a job opening at Snow College. One of his friends quit his job at Snow and took a position at a college closer to family in California. Kevin felt like he should apply and see what happened. Well...he was hired for a one-year position teaching anatomy and physiology courses. It could turn into a permanent position IF he obtains a graduate degree (which as everyone knows, he still doesn't have).
Kevin is now commuting to Ephraim from Sunday afternoons to Thursday nights. It's no fun for the family, but they survived this first week fairly intact. The children started a new year of homeschool as well. Megan is signed up for a weekly art class and has a scholarship to take some online computer tech classes which start in September. Ian is excited to start his Karate class again. Both are continuing with their piano studies. Erin is starting kindergarten curriculum because she wants to (she is still 4, but excited to "do school too"). She has been doing reading lessons all summer long at her request and has made much progress.
Ask Kevin how he feels about all this? GREAT!!!
He doesn't even realize he's having a midlife crisis.
He doesn't even realize he's having a midlife crisis.
Ask Kevin's family how they feel about all the changes?
They frequently burst into tears.
They frequently burst into tears.
Add to all the above, Kevin's recent diagnosis of MS,
and you may be reading about April's midlife crisis in a few more months...
Anyway, here is our poster child posing on an ebike with her Snow College,
Future Badger shirt that Kevin won at a trivia contest last week.
Future Badger shirt that Kevin won at a trivia contest last week.
April is accepting offers of sympathy (or at least chocolate).
8 comments:
If I remember (I'm extra-scatterbrained these days) I will bring you some Vermont chocolate, April, because you totally deserve it. I can't imagine how hard this must be for you, but luckily you have perfect children who will help you out quite a lot and not cause any trouble. Congrats to Megan on her scholarship! We will make time to come up to Logan one day and touch all the critters. Hopefully you can squeeze in a school vacation and play in Salt Lake with us!
Oh my word child, you are one amazing woman. If anyone can do this, you can. But I'm also offering a telephone shoulder to cry on when you need to burst into tears as well. 402-217-5265
Wow you guys, that is a lot going on! You got it in the bag, April....you are a strong & capable woman!
Wow April, that is a lot to deal with. You are in my prayers!
So I saw your post about electric scooters literally 2 hours after we had bought the scooter. But you're right, we wouldn't have wanted you to ship one to us.
How about sympathy and chocolate? What's your favorite kind? MS!!? I hadn't heard that part. I'm glad to hear you survived the first week okay. One day, one hour, one minute at a time. The kids' studies sound really neat!
I wish I was close enough to offer chocolate, especially from the South Bend chocolate factory...good stuff. Instead, I suppose you'll have to accept my prayers. You can do it!
Oh my goodness! You are going through it right now! I hadn't heard about the MS diagnosis either. I am so sorry to hear that. Is he doing okay? It sounds like he likes he job though. You are the best and I'm sure you are going to pull through. Please don't hesitate to call or write if you need anything! I will work on getting you some chocolate. :)
Post a Comment