Monday, April 23, 2012

Phoenix Zoo Trip--2012

Megan won us tickets to the Phoenix Zoo again this year for winning a first place prize in the Arizona Junior Duck Stamp Contest.

Here is her entry for this year--the Cinnamon Teal pair:






After the awards ceremony we had the remainder of the day to explore the zoo.

We saw lions....


and tigers...


and cheetahs!!!


Dallin and Erin fed the giraffes!
Dallin thought that was pretty exciting.





The children also got up close and personal with the round-tailed ground squirrels.




Megan caught a spiny lizard.


This grackle begged for his photo to be taken.


We tried for some cute children photos too.





 Erin is in a termite mound.


The gerenuks were fun to watch feed.


The zoo folks fed the otters some "popsicle" treats.


Zebras are always worthwhile photo subjects.


The Komodo dragon statue was still there.


Erin is posing as a joey.


2 comments:

Bob said...

I loved the photos, but I thought that it seemed to be missing something fantastic. Something like. ..I don't know a tiger piƱata. Hehe

Janell said...

I think I went to the Phoenix zoo once! Mike was interviewing for something and I went by myself and nearly died of hot because I'm a wimp. I remembered that only when I saw the fancy desert hats. I'm glad you're so adaptable! And congratulations, Megan, beautiful picture!