Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Jedi Youngling Training--Phase One Complete



It's only taken 1.5 years since we started, but Erin is now fully potty trained!!! We wish we could say what finally made things click in her little brain, but we can't. She just finally decided to do it. She has stayed dry day and night for one complete week, worn underpants instead of diapers or pull-ups, and finally earned her prizes (an R2-D2 action figure and a purple light saber she chose months ago). Additionally, Dad promised her an ice cream party, and that celebration will be this weekend. Way to go, Erin!!!






7 comments:

Becca said...

Daffodil says: Can I have a purple light saber? Congratulations to go potty training potty.

Big news indeed, way to go!

Barbara Young said...

Way to go Erin!!! Grandma and Grandpa are soooo proud of you!!! You're getting to be such a big and smart girl. Have a lot of fun at your ice cream party and eats lots of yummy ice cream.

Love,
Grandma and Grandpa Young

Janell said...

Way to go, Erin! Way to go, Erin's parents! You're the luckiest parents in the world. That 1.5 years is kind of the reason I'm afraid to even start with Scott, I'll have to wait until he can appreciate prizes and ice cream.

Holladay Duplex said...

Yay Erin!!

The funniest part of this post, though (to me) was that I was just reading about potty training, and the actual example given was that such and such child wanted a Jedi light saber, but the mom said "I just remembered! Jedi knights don't wear diapers!" and that that was the whole incentive for potty training.

But I'm with Janell: I'm scared out of my mind for potty training. We have the potty in the bathroom, and we have pretty much left it at that. Too bad Gabe's never seen Star Wars...

Amanda Fetters said...

I love the victory dance. Go, Erin!

Dominoe said...

Yay Erin! Phew - doesn't it feel good to have that over with?

Jillian said...

I love the prizes she chose. Stephen says she's a very "cool kid". Congrats, Erin! Chayce just had her first full week dry as well, so we can relate to the excitement.