Monday, May 4, 2009

Ian's Lucky Week



Last Thursday, Ian received this letter from the Logan Library:





He finally picked up his prize today (we had a busy weekend):
























Last Thursday night at Cub Scout Pack Meeting, Ian entered a contest guessing
the number of candies in a water bottle and won this:





Last Friday, Ian gathered his hard-earned money from his feeder mouse business...




...and bought a pet hedgehog!




Its name is Prickles. Ian has been saving up for almost a year and has been checking ksl.com frequently. We had to pick up Prickles from Murray, but since we now have a trailer, we were helping our friends Gaya and Prasad move to Midvale and it was on the way.

















As part of a "Thank you for helping us move," Prasad offered his unused skateboard to Ian. When Kevin protested, saying "It's too generous of you," Prasad answered, "After I crashed into a couple of dumpsters, I quit riding on it. I don't use it anymore and won't miss it." (Parental disclaimer: Even though Ian has a skateboard, his mother may never let him use it.)




And speaking of dumpsters, last weekend was USU graduation and our traditional Dumpster Diving activity with the Crooks. We couldn't collect any large items this year due to the fact that our garage is currently storing some other things right now (related to why we now have a trailer).





While Mom is more excited about her "new" stainless steel cooling rack, a tarp, and some large plastic bins, Ian thought he scored when Kevin found a tube of "styling spiking glue." Now he and Prickles can be twins (as they cruise together down the street on the forbidden skateboard).




Parental Disclaimer: Ian's father is solely responsible for this hairstyle;
his mother had nothing to do with it! She likes the hedgehog, however.




5 comments:

Megan D. said...

I'm lovin' the hair and the hedgehog. So cool!

Jentry said...

Way to go Ian! I think you should do his hair like that all the time, he looks like a Jonas brother.

Barbara Young said...

Ian's lucky week! Library, hedgehog, skateboard. Wow. The hair style is amazing. Good luck getting it out, it should last about a month or two.

The other priceless photo is Jim standing at the candy jar with his giant hook and a smile of anticipation. His gloves and protective gear suggest the excitement and trepidation that is written all over Megan's face. The other older girl seems to suggest she has been on these hunts before . . .

And Erin doesn't quite know what to think yet.

The whole thing is priceless!

Grandpa Young

EY Thrift Store said...

Horray for the hedgehog! He's so cute (and I love the matching hair!)

Janell said...

I love it! And I think suddenly Ian is looking older!