Monday, November 24, 2008

Autumn Park Days & Sewing Projects


First off, I would like to vent my frustrations working with Windows Movie Maker. AAAARGH!!! Thank you
Jay, for offering a suggestion that actually worked (found in the first 1.5 minutes of his video). If not, then this post would have been delayed even longer. I think I've been trying to make the movie for about 3 days now.


Now, for your viewing enjoyment, we present Park Playtime:






Did anyone notice Dallin's fuzzy new fleece? It was made especially for him by moi, who luckily has fewer frustrations with my "new" sewing machine than with Windows Movie Maker. We have a sewing machine story too. My 25+year-old Singer machine died right after making Halloween costumes. We took it apart and cleaned and oiled it after which the hand wheel still refused to turn smoothly. We looked at sewing machines around town and on the internet and found an awesome deal on eBay for a used older model Pfaff that cost only a little bit more than the repair quote we got for my old machine. Plus the Pfaff has a few features my old one lacked. Kevin got it as an early Christmas present for me. I feel so spoiled!


End result: New fleece romper and hat for Dallin for the cold Logan weather!
It's a bit big, but he's growing fast.





New Booties!
(and more in the making--I found a use for leftover fleece scraps)





Here is one of the new features on my sewing machine: the overlock stitch!
It stitches and finishes the hem all at the same time. I love it!




As with everything else I try to do with a newborn, sewing projects now take 4 times as long to complete. Stay tuned for photos of the children's pajama pants which will be finished one of these days...

6 comments:

Janell said...

Good job on the sewing! Is it still autumn in Logan?

Barbara Young said...

Loved the video and as usual I have watched it multiple times. However, I have only watched the last part twice because it makes me too dizzy. Good sewing April!!!
Grandma Young

Holladay Duplex said...

Love the booties. I'm jealous of the extra features...though I certainly don't hope my sewing machine gives out anytime soon.

Megan D. said...

Great sewing job. I need to learn how. I like the movie too. You guys are great. :)

Jillian said...

You are adventurous. I put my sewing machine away (as in, it is IN THE BASEMENT, in a box) after I decided that the extra time spent on the projects with a baby was not worth it (and the fixing of settings after the three year old gets curious). However...that is a great idea for left over fleece.

Becca said...

I am fully impressed that you are sewing at all, let alone pumping out such adorable products!

I have switched to Google Reader to keep up with blogs and for some reason it doesn't let me subscribe to this one because of the login or something. So I have been catching up. The pictures from Dallin's blessing are adorable. I'm glad you survived the days of single parenthood too!