Saturday, September 5, 2009

Guess Who's One?


We had a family party for Dallin this afternoon.

Grandparents came up from SLC to help him celebrate his special day.

Dallin loved playing with his birthday balloons.
He just wouldn't admit it to the camera.


He had no clue what to do with his presents. He preferred the balloons.
Fortunately, his experienced sister Erin helped him open them.


Mom made Dallin a caterpillar cake based on one of our favorite children's books. She wouldn't let Dad eat holes through the leaf, however, which he thought would make it more realistic.





Corrupted by sugar--applesauce cake AND vanilla ice cream!
And he loved them both!




























Thanks to everyone for spending time with Dallin and for the nice presents!





























Later we dressed Dallin in some of his new clothes for a birthday photo shoot.


He stuck out his tongue at us more than he smiled.




Say, "CHEESE!"


What a sweetie!


"O.K., that's enough, and I mean it this time!"


Here is the birthday boy in action:






3 comments:

Megan D. said...

Oh my goodness! I can't believe it has been a year! That is insane. :) Your cake is darling. I love that book!

Amanda Fetters said...

Awesome cake. What a big boy!

Jentry said...

This boy has my heart. I cannot believe that it has been a year. He is so handsome!