The other day a mom posted a link to this site on the CVHS Yahoo Group Site. I was highly impressed with the Drosophila melanogaster cookies, then I found a link to more science cookies. Erin was begging to make cookies again because she thought she didn't get to eat enough of the horned lizard ones from the other day, so we made up another batch of dough and cut out lots of fun animals.
The girls had fun decorating.
I tried more flat-tailed horned lizard cookies using Ms. Humble's technique suggestions--
outline the cookie, then water down the frosting to fill in the spaces smoothly.
We had to have some bears along with the lizards!
Trout are good too!
Megan still loves horses best.
Ian wanted to make hedgehog cookies so I modified these from Jan Brett's awesome website. The hedgehog is brown instead of grey because we had A LOT of brown frosting left over and I had run out of red food coloring so I couldn't mix up a nice grey color. The children also don't like nuts much, so we opted for coconut spines instead. We thought they turned out pretty cute.
5 comments:
Amazing! Looks like a lot of fun... and ambition. They look awesome.
CUTE!! and yummy!
A bit late--but love the cookies, especially the hedgehogs.
OK, this is way too fun. Where did you get all the cookie cutters? Or am I missing something in the creative process?
Emmy--We've just collected them over the years. Some of them we've received as gifts, others we bought ourselves. Got the horse one during Megan's horse phase years back. We also have a few dinosaurs cutters from when we did a dinosaur unit.
Post a Comment