Kevin successfully defended his PhD dissertation this morning!!!
Thanks to everyone for your support and good wishes.
Any ideas for what else we can talk about now for the next 10 years?
Kevin said his favorite part of the day was eating the
flat-tailed horned lizard cookies April made for refreshments.
April said her least favorite part of the day was waiting the 1.5 hours
while his committee questioned him after his presentation.
flat-tailed horned lizard cookies April made for refreshments.
April said her least favorite part of the day was waiting the 1.5 hours
while his committee questioned him after his presentation.
Talking with his mom while packing up the computers,
relief almost starting to set in...
relief almost starting to set in...
When we arrived back home and announced the good news to the children,
Erin said, "Yay! Daddy doesn't have to go to school any more!"
Erin said, "Yay! Daddy doesn't have to go to school any more!"
We're both too brain dead to write anything more creative.
Ask in the comment section if you want further details.
Ask in the comment section if you want further details.
9 comments:
Yay! Hooray! Hip hip horray!! Congratulations!!!!! Sweet! Fantastic!! WAY TO GO!!!
Congratulations! What a relief! I say you keep talking about how you don't want to write another dissertation! I like reminding myself that I'm not going to write another thesis - It feels good. :) Does he have any revisions or anything like that?
Way to go!
Yes, he has some revisions, but nothing major. The mathematician/statistician on his committee wanted him to include more graphs and data charts. He's hoping to have the revisions done within a couple more weeks.
Yay! YYAAAAAAAYYYYY!!! Congrats to the whole fam... it was a team effort, right? :)
Yippee!!! I'm glad it went well!!
Oh, and your cookies are so cute!
You guys are fab. I need input on what to make for the committee treats for when Scott defends his thesis this summer. I've seen some people go to amazing lengths to feed these people, I just don't know what they expect. I don't have your cookie skills and I don't think anybody wants a cookie in the shape of a lab rat doped up on nicotine.
Yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay...I started typing aya aya, so I think I'll leave my yays at that.
As far as the treats, I loved the cookies, but @Jentry - before this, didn't know that people went to amazing lengths! I agree, though, that no one wants arthritic joint cookies. Maybe white rabbits, though...
Oh well, I've got at least 2 more years to think about it.
In the meantime, yay yay yay for you guys!! I'm SOOOO happy for you.
YAY!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment