Monday, May 16, 2011

Personal Letter from Erin Hunter


This post by Megan

Erin Hunter, the author of Warriors, one of my favorite book series, went on tour around the US this spring. Sadly, she didn't come close enough to Yuma for me to go to one of her book signings. Dad suggested that I could write her some letters and send them to the bookstores she would be visiting. 

I wrote seven different letters, and to my surprise, about a month later, I got a package from Great Britain in the mail! It contained nothing other than a signed book and a hand-written letter on Warriors stationary from Erin Hunter/Vicky Holmes (there are four women who write under the pseudonym of Erin Hunter--Vicky is the one who went on tour) . I was so excited and surprised that I started crying, which was pretty embarrassing, but at the time I didn't really care. My hands were shaking so hard that it was a bit difficult to read the letter. 

Erin/Vicky said that she's never had fanmail waiting for her at bookstores before, and my letters were a highlight of the tour. She answered my questions, even though I'm sure she's been asked the same questions many times. I had mentioned that I have a goal of becoming a published author by the age of eighteen, and she said that she has no doubt that I will achieve that goal. I've re-read the letter countless times, and I had Dad scan it onto the computer for me, just in case. I hope that someday I'll be able to meet Erin Hunter in person!



No comments: